Maddie and Micah have had a very adventurous life! They both moved with us to Virginia and lived there for 2 years. Maddie was quite the wonderer and would go live with another family and be gone for days at a time. Then the day came when we were moving back to Colorado. Cole, Katie and I left a day before Kurt and Collin. We could not find Maddie anywhere! Then right as Kurt is closing the house down and getting in his car, up runs Maddie!! Kurt called me and couldn't believe it. I was so worried we were not going to bring her home. She has always been a quiet kinda cat and more to herself and loved the outdoors. We didn't even know she was feeling ill until that Monday night, on the 9th. She was lying on our steps going upstairs and wouldn't get off. So I picked her up and noticed she was more skinny than she normally was and was weak. I made her comfortable in our bathroom and she just laid there and wouldn't eat or drink. Then on Monday, I watched her all day and tried to get her to drink. She tried moving in to my closet and could hardly walk so I made another little bed for her in my closet and kept watching her. Then it was time for me to take Cole to ump a baseball game and when I got back, my Maddie had passed away. It was so sad and so fast but I know she has lived a good life and we will never forget our Maddie!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Maddie
Our sweet Madeline (Maddie) passed away on May 10, 2011. We have had Maddie and Micah for 13 years! We got our two black cats from Kurt's mom's boss, Michael Matassa in Arvada. I can still remember that day well. Kurt, I, Collin and Cole drove over to pick out a cat. The first cat we chose was Maddie. Then the next day we got a call to see if we wanted the other one too. We talked it over and decided that would be good so they would have each other. Michael and his family had sorta named Micah, "Crook" because her mouth was half white and half black. But we decided to name her "Micah" after Michael. I chose to name Maddie, "Madeline" because I always wanted a girl and I loved that cartoon and book, Madeline.
Maddie and Micah have had a very adventurous life! They both moved with us to Virginia and lived there for 2 years. Maddie was quite the wonderer and would go live with another family and be gone for days at a time. Then the day came when we were moving back to Colorado. Cole, Katie and I left a day before Kurt and Collin. We could not find Maddie anywhere! Then right as Kurt is closing the house down and getting in his car, up runs Maddie!! Kurt called me and couldn't believe it. I was so worried we were not going to bring her home. She has always been a quiet kinda cat and more to herself and loved the outdoors. We didn't even know she was feeling ill until that Monday night, on the 9th. She was lying on our steps going upstairs and wouldn't get off. So I picked her up and noticed she was more skinny than she normally was and was weak. I made her comfortable in our bathroom and she just laid there and wouldn't eat or drink. Then on Monday, I watched her all day and tried to get her to drink. She tried moving in to my closet and could hardly walk so I made another little bed for her in my closet and kept watching her. Then it was time for me to take Cole to ump a baseball game and when I got back, my Maddie had passed away. It was so sad and so fast but I know she has lived a good life and we will never forget our Maddie!
Maddie and Micah have had a very adventurous life! They both moved with us to Virginia and lived there for 2 years. Maddie was quite the wonderer and would go live with another family and be gone for days at a time. Then the day came when we were moving back to Colorado. Cole, Katie and I left a day before Kurt and Collin. We could not find Maddie anywhere! Then right as Kurt is closing the house down and getting in his car, up runs Maddie!! Kurt called me and couldn't believe it. I was so worried we were not going to bring her home. She has always been a quiet kinda cat and more to herself and loved the outdoors. We didn't even know she was feeling ill until that Monday night, on the 9th. She was lying on our steps going upstairs and wouldn't get off. So I picked her up and noticed she was more skinny than she normally was and was weak. I made her comfortable in our bathroom and she just laid there and wouldn't eat or drink. Then on Monday, I watched her all day and tried to get her to drink. She tried moving in to my closet and could hardly walk so I made another little bed for her in my closet and kept watching her. Then it was time for me to take Cole to ump a baseball game and when I got back, my Maddie had passed away. It was so sad and so fast but I know she has lived a good life and we will never forget our Maddie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment