February 16, 17 and 18th were the dates for the Colorado State Wrestling Tournament at Pepsi Center in downtown, Denver. Collin and his 4 teammates who qualified for State took off for downtown with their coaches on Thursday morning and checked into a hotel for the 3 days. Another one of Collin's teammates qualified but was too sick to make it to State. Lots of sick kids lately and Collin was one of them. He had strep throat and who knows what else and wasn't feeling good. But he made the most of it and had a good time. Thursday night Collin went against a kid from Chatfield High School and lost 8 to 5. Then on Friday, he went against Denver East and ended up losing 7-4. These were very hard losses! He knows if he would have felt better he could have won these but just ran out of air. He doesn't like how he went out on his last year of High School wrestling and is thinking of being in the Rocky Mountain National Tournament in March, so he can see how he would really do. I really don't know if this was harder on him or us, his parents! Its so hard to think we won't see Collin compete in sports anymore! I guess it is time to let our children grow up and get a good education and hopefully land a great job! Our kids are growing up!! Scary! But we are ready for it ALL!
I also had to share what Collin put on Facebook. This brought tears to my eyes and I even printed this because it meant so much to me that he even took the time to write this.
"This weekend is the last I will be wrestling for legacy high school. It's been a awesome 4 years full of memories I'll never forget, and it's all lead me to today. Now it's time to make a statement at the Pepsi center for my last State Championship tournament!! There's a lot of people to thank but most of all my parents who have put up with me and been at every one of my competitions spending all day in gyms every Saturday, it means a lot!! Thanks mom and dad for all the support and motivation over the years, I definitely couldn't have done it all without you!"
Collin Vs. Chatfield
Collin Vs. Denver East
1 comment:
Not only did Collin think/write that, he put it on FB! You and Kurt are raising some great kids that will grow into wonderful adults. Kenny and I comment on that often and hope you know we think the world of your kids.
Post a Comment