Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cole's Turn!

I totally forgot to share this one!  On February 20th it was President's Day and so the kids did not have school.  Kurt decided to take Cole snowboarding in Vail.  Collin, Katie and I stayed home since Collin had been so sick and just had the State Wrestling tournament.  Well, Katie and I decided to go see a movie and while we were in the theater, Kurt tried calling me.  I sent him a text telling him I was in a movie and what was up?  He text me back to call him.  I of course put "now?"  And his answer was, YES.  So, I went out of the movie and called Kurt to find out that Cole was in an ambulance on his way to the Vail hospital.  Cole wanted to go to the terrain park and do some jumps so he made the first jump and then on the second one he landed flat on his back and was unconscious.  Kurt said he was out for a full minute or so and then wouldn't talk for about 5 minutes.  Kurt was very scared to say the least and they had to take Cole down the mountain in a sled and take him to the hospital.  He did have a concussion and a split tongue but other than that he was very sore!!
I have told my kids "NO MORE TERRAIN PARK!!!"  Now, lets just pray they listen to me!

Not how I wanted to see my son!

sleeping on the way home.

No comments: