Friday, June 7, 2013

Wild Life!

Lately we have been having a lot of issues with wild life around here!  On Cole's Birthday, May 17th, we were leaving for the Rockies game and this was what Kurt saw right when he opened the door to go to the garage.

He was slithering up the stairs as if he was going to come in our house!  Kurt yelled for Collin and Collin captured him and put him in an aquarium.  The next day Collin took him down to the creek and released this bull snake.  Hopefully he doesn't find his was back!



We also have had a problem with Raccoons!  Collin has now had to shoot two Raccoons after killing 4 of our chickens!  These were in two different nights.  I would show you a picture but I will spare you all having to see a dead Raccoon!:-)  So, as you probably have guessed, the chickens are locked up every night now!

And we have had rabbit issues too!  One night as Kurt was grilling.  Our cat, Micah decided to bring in a baby bunny into the house.  Poor thing was scared to death and hopping around trying to hide!  It was quite scary and comical to see Micah move so fast!  Luckily we captured the bunny and released him too.  Then one night recently, I was putting some stuff away in the guest room in the basement and noticed a terrible smell!  After getting Kurt, Collin and Katie all trying to know what the smell was, I said there had to be something dead in the window well!  Well, sure enough!  2 dead rabbits!! And you don't want to know what they looked like either!!  YUCK!!!!  I had a scentsy burner going for 24 hours!!

Hopefully we have some of this under control now and I won't have to tell you anymore stories about our Wild life!


No comments: