This one has taken me a while to write, hard to still grasp this, but on Monday, February 16th, I got a call I dreaded from my sister, Cindy. My dad had called her to let us all know that my 1st cousin, Neal, passed away. He was only 43 years old! I can't even describe the feeling I had! It still breaks my heart to even think this is real.
Neal and his wife, Heather, went out for their daily run and he collapsed and didn't make it. Neal was only 43 years old! He leaves behind his wife, Heather, his daughter, Kylie and his son, Brody. This was one of the hardest funerals I have ever been to. I will miss him very much! Kurt, I, Collin and Cole spent quite a bit of time with them when we lived in Virginia. Neal was doing his PA school in New York so we got together with them one Thanksgiving and went to the Macy's Day Parade and then to their house to celebrate Thanksgiving. Then they came to our house for Easter. It was great memories. They only had Kylie at the time. I guess we felt a closeness since we were both far from our families, but it made us closer and I will always love that I have those memories.
I try and talk to Heather every day or every other day by text, just to see how she is doing. This past weekend she told me she had gotten his Death Certificate with cause of death and it was Atherosclerosis, which just blew her mind. She said she didn't understand how his PA didn't treat his high cholesterol. He was already on high blood pressure medicine and she said his blood pressure meds weren't working too well either. She is just sad and mad and wonders if he new anything since he was a PA as well. There is just so many questions that will never get answered and its all just hard to comprehend. I just pray that Heather and the kids can get through this and know that he will always be with them. R.I. P. Neal, we will always Love and Miss you!



No comments:
Post a Comment