Monday, March 3, 2014

R.I. P. Comet

Our Persian cat, Comet passed away on Saturday, February 22, 2014.  It all happened pretty quickly.  I had noticed on Tuesday of this week that Comet's eye looked to be bothering him so I would wipe it and he just didn't seem like he was feeling well.  I also had noticed he was eating as much and going to the bathroom.  So by Thursday I knew something was going on.  Then Friday the poor thing could hardly even walk and stayed in my bathroom and closet area.  He did still want to drink but I would have to bring the bowl to him and he would literally rest his chin on the bowl and just want to sleep.  It was so sad to see this cat going before my eyes!  Friday night he would meow every once in a while as if he was kind of in pain.  He always seemed to do better if I would pet him.  I think he was starting to get a little disoriented.  Kurt even laid down with him some that night and he seemed to do better knowing someone was there by him.  Then on Saturday, we left pretty early to go see Elli and the boys stayed home and kept an eye on Comet.  Later that night we knew Comet needed to be seen and so we took her to the ER vet and they said it looked like he was having kidney failure.  We decided he would be better if we just put him down.  All 5 of us were there and it was such a sad night but we know Comet is in a better place now with Maddie and Micah and of course our other 3 dogs!   We are thinking Comet was around 12 years old and now we have no cats!  We have decided we are done doing that.  We will miss Comet very much, RIP and drink all the milk you can!




No comments: