Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Deloitte Tax Conference 11/12 - 11/15

Now don't let this title fool you!!  Right away you are thinking, "Tax conference, Boring!!"  But let me tell you this is the one event I don't ever want to miss!  This is a Conference that Deloitte puts on where they bring their Top Clients.  The Client also gets to bring their wife or husband and if they do that means that I get to go too!!:-)  While they attend classes,the spouses and Deloitte spouses get to sign up for fun things!

This was held at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Hotel in Dana Point, CA.  If you have never been, you definitely should check out this place!!  BEAUTIFUL!!!



Kurt's client, Brad and his wife Patti

 Day one we had the Welcome Reception/Lunch here in one of the Courtyards.  Then the Partners/Directors and clients broke off to go to some classes while The spouses and guest spouses got to do whatever they wanted.  We sat outside and talked to some others and got to meet some really fun people!  Then that night in the other Courtyard they had a Big Reception/Dinner with Great Food, Drinks and Pashmina's for all the women.

Day 2, as Kurt and his Client went to more classes, Patty and I had signed up for making Glass bracelets.  It was very cool. We all made one together and then got to create one of our own too.

My Masterpieces!

All the women at our table, showing off our 1st bracelet!

They then served us a delicious lunch in the courtyard and then we were able to create our own bracelet.  There were quite a lot of women who signed up for this class but as this was going on there were other classes as well.  Another client's wife went to the cookie decorating class so Patti and I went to go check that out as well and wished we could have done that one too!  There were just so many to choose from.  After we were all done with these we met our husbands up on the patio for drinks before dinner.

 Brad & Patti
 Kurt and I
Al & Amy

Then it was time for Dinner and they started it off with a Band and then the Headliner was Paul Reiser!  You might remember him more from the show Mad About You.  He is also a comedian and was GREAT!! In fact, I forgot to even take a picture of him!:-(

Brad, Patti, Me and Kurt


Friday, Day 3, Patti and I decided to skip what we signed up for and did a Spa Day with Amy and another friend we met there, Anna from Connecticut.  It was Glorious!!  We all got facials and a massage and had lunch served to us out by the pool.

 Patti & Amy
Amy and I ready for the Spa!

The guys got out of their meetings early and got to choose different things to do too.  Kurt, Brad and Al all signed up for the golf tournament.

Kurt sent me this picture!

While the guys were finishing up there golf, us women headed over to the Ritz Carlton to have a drink on their deck overlooking the ocean.  It was so pretty!!  The guys met us there before we had to head back to our place for the White Out Party and Dinner.



 Great Views!!
Anna, Patti, Amy and I

Then it was time for the White Out Party and dinner.  Everyone was asked to dress in all white.  They had white jackets for the guys to use that night, if they wanted to and had tons of props for everyone to have and use.

Patti and I ready of the party.

Looking down at everyone.

Amy, Patti, I and Anna

Some of us Denver people!

The Band

They had these trapeze people all over

More of the band



They also had a photographer there to take lots of photos!

 Kurt, Jerry, Dale, Al and Brad





Lots of FUN!!  This was the last night of the conference.

No comments: